WELCOME TO FORKTALES!
Think of this site as a sort of community kitchen open to anyone for snooping around or aproning and joining the force. Our objective is to propagate an interest in FOOD; to inspire people to cook; to think more about what they eat; to investigate where their food comes from; and to support their local farmers and grocery stores.
Yes, FORKTALES has an ambitious and sprawling plan. Someday, it may boil down to something more concentrated, but, for now, we are looking for:
Please share your memories & photos of family meals, your grandparent's recipes or other historical gastronomical delights.
Do you have a recipe you'd like to share? If it is not your personal recipe, please put the instructions in your own words - make it your own! (See copyright rules: http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl122.html)
• Do you have experience raising chickens or other animals for food products? Your success stories and UNsuccess stories are wanted!
• Is there a farm you know about in your area that raises organic/transitional, free-range, grass-fed animals or other sustainable food?
• How can we be more self-reliant? Share your hunting/gathering/gardening expertise or failure stories!
• Are you lactose or gluten intolerant? What do you do about it? What are the alternatives and how do they rate?
• What's new in the food world? What's old in the food world? Why is Stumptown coffee touted by wine connoisseurs?
What do you do to reduce cholesterol? What other food related remedies and old wives tales might you like to share?
THROUGH THE COOKING-GLASS
Food related art, poetry, stories...
FORK IT OVER
Let us know if you have any suggestions for improvement.
Thank you for visiting - we look forward to hearing from you!